Speed work with box jumps and the Sumo Deadlift against a band. All sets should be fast/perfect form. Known as Dynamic Effort Method we’d rather go lighter vs. heavier and maintain better bar velocity – there should be ZERO grinding of reps today. For the second half we do not have a timed workout today, but weighted lunges and weighted planks help build bigger muscles for greater neuromuscular efficiency.
1) Seated Dynamic Box Jumps: 1/5 x 3,
2) Sumo Deadlift against a band: 3/6 x 3 @60% of 1RM + band resistance,
– reset reps
– take 3 sets to build to work set then 6 work sets.
3) Forward + Reverse Lunges: 1/3 x 16 each (forward + backward = 2 reps).
L1: DB Split Squats: 3 x 10 ea. Rest 60s.
4) Weighted Plank: Max Load x 30s.
Build over the course of 6 sets.
Row 2 km