Strength: Today we have several variations to train the posterior as well as the anterior chain. We’ll review each movement before we go to work. The focus is: to feel the correct muscles working, get a great pump, and to be challenged while still focusing on the quality of movement.
– Conditioning: Don’t let this workout fool you this will be rough. Prepare yourself for a workout that will challenge you mentally. Shoot for sets of 7-10 reps with short breaks.
1) Back Squat Wave Loading 5-3-1-5-3-1.
– More on wave loading here
– Start at 50-60% of 1RM – second wave heavier than 1st wave. End at 90-95% of 1RM.
2) RDLs w. bands pulling forward: 4 x 8-10.
– Rx+:(Glute Ham Raises: 4 x 8-10. Rest 90s)
” Sick Six ”
DB Thrusters (22.5, 15)
L3: (15, 10)
L2: (12.5, 8)
L1: (10, 6)
E) EXTRA CREDIT (AFTER CLASS)
2:00 Global Foam Roll Quadriceps
2:00 Global Foam Roll Hamstrings
2:00 Parasympathetic Breathing