Our CrossFit Total is an opportunity to map your starting point post Open whether you competed or not. The following 12 weeks will involve basic linear progression programming. Firstly setting a total using good technique. Then a remodelling of your 3 lifts and a steady build up over winter. Stamina is not the goal although some conditioning pieces may be longer, most of our wods will be in the 8-15 minute range.
The goal is to solidify our structure so we can push the body harder and further. Skill work will be integrated into the major compound lifts so the longer term goals are reached. Testing this week will be challenging and fun with a chance to improve when the retests come around.
” CrossFit Total “
Three max lift attempts at each of the following movements:
- Back Squat
- Strict Press
Here is how we will run the Total at CFN :
- All sessions will be “open gym” format. Your coaches will be there to help you if you need it.
- Once you start lifting, you have ONE HOUR to complete the Total.
- You may do warm-up sets, but once you “declare” your opening lift (by writing it on the whiteboard next to your name), YOU ONLY GET TWO MORE ATTEMPTS. Record all three lifts for all three movements next to your name.
- You must finish the squats before moving to the strict press, and you must finish the strict press before moving to the deadlift.
- You may do less than three max attempts for any one movement, but you CANNOT do more than three.
- Your final score is the total of your best lift from each movement.
- Use a spotter(s) for back squat.
- Support and encourage each other !!!