Not officially Spring but it may as well be. A great start to your summer of conditioning laying down a good endurance base. Grab a partner and tackle the Mighty Murph tomorrow morning.. And best of luck to our Mighty Masters Team of Ange, Perty and Dave out at MetCon Madness tomorrow. Pop down to College Rifles in Remuera to cheer them on if you get a spare hour.
Run 1 mile
100 Pull Up
200 Push Up
Run 1 mile
*Super RXD = Weighted Vest
**Scaling to rounds(10/20/30 x 10 or 5/10/15 x 20)
**Partner Option/Half Murph
Well done to all those who set a Total yesterday.Some big strength gains showing the hard work is paying off. Now we move into our skills/stamina block which will be far greater reaching if the strength base is solid. Gotta dig down before you can build up.
3 Thruster (Build)
3 Weighted Pull Up
” Pleasuredome ”
9 Cluster (60/40)
21 Kettlebell Swing (32/24)
Rest 2 minutes
*Cluster = Squat Clean Thruster
One rep max in the back squat, shoulder press and deadlift. All sessions today.
” CrossFit Total “
Three max lift attempts at each of the following movements:
- Back Squat
- Strict Press
Here is how we will run the Total at CFN :
- All sessions will be “open gym” format. Come in and warm up on your own. Your coaches will be there to help you if you need it.
- Once you start lifting, you have ONE HOUR to complete the Total. (The last session will end promptly at 7:30 PM)
- You may do warm-up sets, but once you “declare” your opening lift (by writing it on the whiteboard next to your name), YOU ONLY GET TWO MORE ATTEMPTS. Record all three lifts for all three movements next to your name.
- You must finish the squats before moving to the strict press, and you must finish the strict press before moving to the deadlift.
- You may do less than three max attempts for any one movement, but you CANNOT do more than three.
- Your final score is the total of your best lift from each movement.
- Use a spotter(s) for back squat.
- Support and encourage each other !!!
A bit of a skill taster from our ‘Nastics Skill block coming up. We want you to get a bar muscle up, and we want you to snatch beautifully. Be patient. Be humble. Be awesome.
Bar Muscle Up/ Snatch
Odd : 1-3 BMU/Hips To Bar
Even : 1-3 Hang Squat Snatch
” 16.3 ”
10 Power Snatch (34/25 kg )
3 Bar Muscle Up (scale to burpee/C2B Pull Up)
‘Nastics Day and we round out our strict handstand pressing and hip/trunk flexion strengthening block for this winter , then we get on our bikes to start a fun triplet finishing with a few trips round the block.
Odd : 3-5 Strict HSPU
Even : 3-5 Strict TTB
*work for 30 secs/rest for 30 secs
” Triathlon ”
30 Cal Bike
40 Thruster (42.5/30)
Run 1 mile