CrossFit Total over all sessions. Get in early and set you 1 rep maxes over the hour. If you can’t make any of the classes today there will be an opportunity to set your totals next week. We have 15 awesome Masters competing at the NZ CF Masters on Saturday so smash your partner wod, get a crew together and head on over to CrossFit Waitakere to come and cheer us on!
” CrossFit Total “
Three max lift attempts at each of the following movements:
- Back Squat
- Strict Press
Here is how we will run the Total at CFN :
- All sessions will be “open gym” format. Come in and warm up on your own. Your coaches will be there to help you if you need it.
- Once you start lifting, you have ONE HOUR to complete the Total. (The last session will end promptly at 7:30 PM)
- You may do warm-up sets, but once you “declare” your opening lift (by writing it on the whiteboard next to your name), YOU ONLY GET TWO MORE ATTEMPTS. Record all three lifts for all three movements next to your name.
- You must finish the squats before moving to the strict press, and you must finish the strict press before moving to the deadlift.
- You may do less than three max attempts for any one movement, but you CANNOT do more than three.
- Your final score is the total of your best lift from each movement.
- Use a spotter(s) for back squat.
- Support and encourage each other !!!
Our last session before we test tomorrow with the CROSSFIT TOTAL. BBQ will be on so bring something to feed after the session and reflect on your awesome work over the last 3 months!
Shoulder Press 5 x 2 (build)
Weighted Pull Up 5 x 2 (build)
” Iron Lung “
30 Wall Ball
Run 400 m
15 Hang Power Clean (60/40)
Run 800 m
15 Hang Power Clean
Run 400 m
30 Wall Ball
The last shot at a heavy deadlift today before Fridays CrossFit Total. The Spring Clean Up will have more info posted so we can all get on board and get beach ready for the months of September and October. And there are now officially 14 Masters heading out to do battle for the Mighty CFN Silverbacks at CF Waitakere this Saturday so grab your Skull shirt and head on out to make some noise..
Deadlift 5 x 2 reps
” Matador ”
10 Power Snatch (35/25)
10 Burpee over Bar
15 Power Snatch (50/30)
15 Burpee Over Bar
30 Power Snatch (60/35)
30 Burpee Over Bar
The last day of our spec Gymnastics days but we will still continue to work on our handstand, pull up and dip skills as we head into Spring training. As mentioned earlier our focus switches to Oly with Tuesdays dedicated to the Snatch/ Deadlift and Thursdays to the Clean and Jerk/Press. Mondays we will squat with vertical pulling movements and Fridays squat with horizontal pulling movements. Wednesdays we are going to squat (yes!) and superset with trunk strengthening exercises.
HSPU 5 x 3 reps
Ring Dip 5 x 3 reps
*Strict handstand pushup/ring dip.
** Negatives if you haven’t a strict press.
” Diane ”
Handstand Push Up
Compare to : 25/1/2016
A massive week ahead with our 12 awesome Masters preparing for the NZ CrossFit Masters out at CF Waitakere next Saturday so any support will be welcomed!. And our strength cycle hits the final buzzer on Friday with The CrossFit Total testing day and a BYO BBQ to follow. And of course a big thanks to Kyle for organising the fun and frivolity that was The International Bowling Day. We had a blast and will definitely be heading back to the green sometime this summer.
Back Squat 3-2-1-1-1-1-1 reps
” Jackie “
Row 1 km
50 Thruster (20/15)
30 Pull Up
Compare to : 20/4/2016